Due to recent events, I have had to create this page with regards to what can a GM do or cannot do.
Housing has been a big issue recently and a few people have blamed the game or me for losing parts of their house.
The game is set up so that all houses decay. This is a natural process of the game. But because some people have a GM placed house, mostly where two or more plots are butted up close to each other it set a different set of rules.
What happens is that when a GM places a house it becomes ‘blessed’ so to speak. However, when a house is transferred to the player that house remains blessed, but the first one then sets to decay.
This becomes the players responsibility and nothing to do with a game error, problems with an account, or the GM’s or Owners fault.
To enable the decay of the house it need a door somewhere in the structure and this needs to be opened on a regular basis. No responsibility will be taken from now to place a replacement property. Players are allowed 2 properties in the game, ALL HOUSES decay. For more information about visit http://www.uoguide.com/House_Decay
So what can GM’s do or not do?
- GM’s are there to help only, for non important matters including being stuck visit http://dealers-of-destiny.co.uk/?page_id=144
- GM’s do not replace lost items. Items are your responsibility and care should be taken to ensure that they are not lost.
- GM’s are not allowed to give free items.
- GM’s are not allowed to alter players stats or skills.
- GM’s are not allowed to teleport you to another part of the game.
- Although GM’s can locate your pets, they cannot revive or replace lost pets.
- GM’s do not have the ability to bring back to life pets that are lost through the shrink system.